How to Establish Your Authority on Instagram:Tried and Tested Methods

Many small brands enter the social media space with the false assumption that people are already aware of their credibility. To solidify your Instagram presence, it is very important for you to understand how to establish your authority in your domain.

What does it mean to have authority on Instagram?

Pensive male teen on gray background

To have authority on Instagram means having a position in your domain that speaks for your credibility and authority. If you have a track record of quality services and products, your authority increases. The more authority you have, the better your chances of earning money and getting more followers. Let’s find out more about how you can establish authority in Instagram in any niche.

4 Steps to Establishing Your Authority on Instagram

Many brand ambassadors and brands themselves have created a position for themselves they feel is considered authentic. However, not every brand enjoys that stature. For small businesses starting out on Instagram, establishing authority can be especially challenging.

For example, no one will believe in your products unless they are tried and tested. A solid Instagram growth service will help you reach more people, but they cannot convince people about your authenticity unless your content speaks for itself.

Let your content speak for itself

person using iPhone

Small brands often make the mistake of publishing lots of branded content. When all your content talks about it what you do, people tend to stop taking everything at face value. To combat this problem, use the 80-20 rule.

The 80-20 rule of content marketing says that only 20% of your content should be about your brand or products. The remaining 80% should be genuine, high-quality content that adds value to the lives of your followers.

When you schedule Instagram posts that are both relevant and valuable, you make it evident that your focus is not simply on selling products. Instead, you care about the truth value of your content and ensure that only the correct information reaches your audience. Good content is the foundation upon which you build your authority.

Never plagiarize content

Plagiarism is a cardinal sin in the world of content creation. If you ever get called out for plagiarism, you can say goodbye to your dreams of establishing authority on Instagram. While plagiarism is a strict no-no, taking inspiration from successful brands is fine, even encouraged.

However, people should also be very careful about preserving originality when taking inspiration from others. The last thing you want is to turn out to be a cheap copy of a successful brand.

Connect with the audience

Valentine’s Day, Detail of screen of tablet

There are many ways to engage with your audience. For example, you can use Instagram DMs to reach a few people every week. Alternatively, you can use an Instagram giveaway picker tool and host giveaways.

When you interact with people personally and give them gifts, you also send a message that you care about them. Once your followers feel more connected with what you do and create, you will earn more credibility. As a result, you will also have more authority in your niche.

Find your voice

Unless you have a distinct voice for your brand, you cannot establish authority on Instagram. However, it is important to understand that finding your voice is not a straightforward process. You need to take into account various factors like your aesthetics, your writing style, the nature of your content, and so on.

Once you achieve a level of distinctiveness where people instantly recognize your brand from any post, you can be certain about having authority in your niche.


An influential marketing strategy can also lead to authority building. With Ainfluencer, you get a DIY solution for all your influencer marketing needs. If you couple all of the steps we introduced, influential marketing, and an on-site visitor tracking strategy, you’ll hit the jackpot and not only establish your authority on Instagram but also attract valuable prospects that will convert.

Leave a Comment